Monday, May 20, 2013

GOING TO JIAXING WITH ACES

If my life was a blender, somebody just hit the puree button.

Seriously, I was just accepted for a NSLI-Y Scholarship.  This means the U.S. Department of State is paying for me to study abroad in China for six weeks! WOOT WOOT

I honestly don't know how to mentally prepare myself for this craziness—in less than a month I will be diving head-on into the alien expanse that is China. No friends, no family, no cell phone, no facebook, no Boba Tea... You get the point: I will be 7,000 miles away from everything for six weeks.

Here's the rundown of what's about to happen:

Who: me (Megan Higgins) + 19 other American high schoolers
What: exchange program with Mandarin classes
When: June 26-August 10
Where: Jiaxing, China (Near Shanghai)
Why: Broaden my horizons and learn a new language!

Goals until I leave:

-Do well on ACT
-Solidify friendships
-Save money so I can blow it all in Shanghai
-Do random nice things for my family
-Study Mandarin as much as possible


No comments: